Monday, July 13, 2009

A Blessed Year

+m
Peace of Christ!

For some of you, what I'm writing be a surprise to you; and for that I apologize! I am rather humbled to be writing this. After 2 months of true discernment, I have found that I'm pretty sure that God has been asking me to get back to the States and get on solid ground here in the States. Honduras has certainly changed me, and I am trying to figure out exactly how. I just know that I simply cannot live how I did before I went. I am deeply grateful for my time there and I think it will take years to really process God's action in the time I was there.

Although this is a little earlier than expected, I want to thank you all for your constant support of me throughout the year. Through prayers, emails, words to my family at home, and of course, your financial support, I simply could not have done it without you. I really feel like God has started something in me that He has yet to complete, and I'm excited to see how He does so. After only a few days at home, I miss my community there and especially the people with whom we are in relationship in the neighborhood and surrounding city. It was hard to leave, but as a people of faith, we know that when the Lord calls, it's best that we "do whatever He tells" us, as His Blessed Mother advises...

The adventure of living for God doesn't end and the Mission continues...I will hopefully continue to work as much as possible for the Scholarship program down there, while I teach fourth grade at an East Lansing Catholic grade school, St. Thomas Aquinas! I'll be moving to Lansing within the next month.

Honduras needs special prayers these days, as if you have heard, there was a military coup this on Sunday the 26th (my flight out was on the Friday before). It's hard to imagine that there could be any more instability in Honduras, but God is the One who is stable through every storm. The Mission definitely continues although I'm not there, and all of your prayers and financial support has already or will be going to good use. Thank you for everything you've done this year, I continue to pray for you and hold you up in thanksgiving! I look forward to catching up in person, soon!

God bless,
MJ

No comments: